Friday, March 09, 2007

Does Bluetooth crash your Motorola V360?

Does Bluetooth crash your Motorola V360?

I love my Motorola V360 cellphone. It's very geeky, offering USB charging, MP3 ringtones, extra memory card for storage, all that good stuff. I'm having a problem recently, though, and wondering if it's just my phone or everybody's. For Christmas I got a bluetooth headset. Specifically the Motorola v500, which I was led to believe should work just fine, what with both being Motorola products.

The problem is that regularly now (as in, at least once per day) when I'm talking on the headset, my phone will reboot itself. Right in the middle of the conversation, I'll get a blank white screen on the phone, and then it starts up again like I just turned it on. I have to reconnect to the headset and everything. Typically it only happens once and then I'm fine, but yesterday it happened three times. Does this happen to anyone else? Thus far it has only ever happened to me when I am engaged in a conversation via the bluetooth connection. Just leaving bluetooth on doesn't seem to do it. When bluetooth is off completely, I have not had the problem.

Recently I did happen to get a "Check SIM" message out of the clear blue sky, but I'm hoping that's a coincidence. I did pop out the card and reseat it, and the message has not reappeared. I asked a guy at a T-Mobile shop about a possible connection between the two, and he couldn't imagine one. His only suggestion was that perhaps my battery was causing me trouble.

Anybody else?

0 comments: